Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Cherry Bomb Cover Songs

  1. #1
    EllaNoise
    Guest EllaNoise's Avatar

    Post

    I recently went to one of the P2P services to Download Cherry Bomb onto my Computer, And I found two very unusal versions of the classic. One was by the transexual Punk Jayne (Wayne) County and the other was a straight ahead punk version by Bratmobile. Has anyone heard of any other bands covering the Runaways. In My Cowpunk days I wish we would have done a country breakdown on Cherry Bomb...Whoa what an Imagination I Gots...Peace

  2. #2
    DeeJay
    Guest DeeJay's Avatar

    Post

    Jayne County version is a treat to hear. Like the little Cherie dedication he does at the start. Doesn't forget the history of the song and who sings it best.

    Thinking blind here but Im sure Shonen Knife did a Cherry Bomb too and whatshisface Jeff Dahl among others, few out there with good taste.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member americanknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 27th, 2001
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I know of two Cherry Bomb covers. One released by an Australian Band named Crashland in the late 80's. The other was released in 2000 by a dance band named 1plus1. The CD single included extended dance versions. The Crashland version is pretty true to the original only with a lot of keyboards. Oh and there was Joan's version with the Blackhearts - does that count?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Free Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 16th, 2002
    Posts
    250
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I think JOAN'S version of " CHERRY BOMB" is THE BEST and even BETTER LIVE. You are energized and "YES,YES" I want more!!!

    Team Cat1

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Wasted's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2002
    Posts
    351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    The site The Covers Project shows some of the other bands that have performed Runaways tunes.

    American Nights covered by B-Movie Rats
    Cherry Bomb covered by L7
    Cherry Bomb covered by Joan Jett
    Cherry Bomb covered by One Plus One
    Cherry Bomb covered by Bratmobile
    Cherry Bomb covered by Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
    Cherry Bomb covered by Cherie & Marie Currie
    Cherry Bomb covered by Street Walkin' Cheetahs
    Cherry Bomb covered by Shonen Knife
    Cherry Bomb covered by Razorbabes
    Cherry Bomb covered by Jayne County & The Electric Chairs
    Cherry Bomb covered by Evil Stig
    Cherry Bomb covered by Manplanet
    Cherry Bomb covered by Excessories
    Cherry Bomb covered by Megababe
    Cherry Bomb covered by Olivia New Ton John (Japanese band)
    Cherry Bomb covered by Steve & The Jerks
    Cherry Bomb covered by Detox Darlings
    Cherry Bomb covered by Mensen
    Cherry Bomb covered by Jeff Dahl
    Don't Abuse Me covered by Joan Jett
    I Love Playin' With Fire covered by Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
    I Love Playin' With Fire covered by Blondie
    I Love Playin' With Fire covered by Defcon Five
    Wait For Me covered by Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
    You're Too Possessive covered by Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
    The Covers Project Runaways
    http://covers.wiw.org/artist.php/1794

    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Hi Wasted.
    Welcome to Cherie Currie message board. I saw your post on therunaways.com board too. That there is a plethora of Cherry Bombs 4 sure [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
    I'd like to hear Blondie's live version of 'I Love Playing With Fire' from 1977 [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] Not available on boots that I know of though!
    Happy posting,
    [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Gus

  7. #7
    Inactive Member NewYorkJettster's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2002
    Posts
    3,051
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree GUS, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me, WOW... [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] - NYJ -

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Wasted's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2002
    Posts
    351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    According to All Music Guide http://www.allmusic.com/ "I Love Playin' With Fire" by Blondie is available on the boot "All the Children are Drunk".

    "Over half of the CD is devoted to a September 21, 1977, appearance at San Francisco's Old Waldorf, where Deborah Harry and friends embrace "I Love Playin' With Fire" (a gem that Joan Jett wrote when she was with the Runaways)..."
    http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p...=A3d27gjir36ip
    http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p...=Arn2uak2k0m3m
    [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Very cool Wasted [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
    I like that site. Thanx for the shortcut!
    [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
    GD

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic